Bookmark and ShareBC News

Lake Okanagan Resort

Kelowna.com traffic and weather

Monday, February 1st, 2010 | 6:10 am

GD Star Rating
loading...

Up-to-date weather information available here:

Forecast for Coquihalla Highway from Hope to Merritt: Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. Fog patches dissipating in the morning. Tonight..A few showers changing to a few flurries in the evening. Snow level 1200 metres lowering near 800 metres overnight. Kelowna to Vancouver road cams.

Forecast for Okanagan Connector from Merritt to Kelowna: Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. Tonight..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries late this evening and overnight. Okanagan Connector road cams here.

Forecast for Highway 3 Hope to Princeton via Allison Pass: Today..Cloudy with sunny periods. Tonight..A few showers changing to a few flurries this evening. Snow level 1300 lowering near 600 metres overnight.

Forecast for Trans Canada Highway Eagle Pass to Rogers Pass: Today..Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries. Snow level rising near 800 metres in the afternoon. Tonight..Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight. Kelowna to Alberta road cams.

Highway 33 to Big White: No reports

Ski hill cams

—Drive B.C.

Vernon

RCMP North Okanagan Traffic Services would like to remind motorist that the reduced speed limit on Highway 97A through the construction zone in Spallumcheen remains in effect throughout the winter months.  Patrols have noticed an increase of speeds through this area.  Although actual construction work may not always be in progress, the work to date has reduced the road width and left a temporary road surface.  Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure have left the 60 km/h speed limit in effect through the narrow two lane portion.  This speed limit is appropriate for the road conditions, and shorter daylight hours.   The RCMP will continue to enforce the construction zone speed limit, to ensure safety of all road users and workers.

West Kelowna

-The District of West Kelowna is reminding residents to make room for the snow plows.
Residents are asked to remove vehicles parked on roadways to accommodate the winter snow removal program.
When possible, residents are asked not to park their vehicles on roadways during snowfalls as plows will be at work clearing the streets. Residents are also asked to remove unlawfully parked vehicles from roadways. The Traffic Bylaw defines what type of vehicle may be parked on a street within the District and for how long, and addresses the use of roadways to park unlicensed vehicles, recreation vehicles, boats, trailers or oversized vehicles. Residents are reminded that:

·   No vehicle can be parked on any highway within the District for a continuous period of time exceeding 24 hours within the same block in a residential zone.
·   No trucks/motorhomes can be parked on a highway or public place for more than 24 hours in an industrial zone, or for more than 2 hours in any other zone if licensed GVW exceeds 4500 kg or an overall length exceeds 6 meters.
·   no person shall stop, stand or park a vehicle in a place that contravenes a traffic control device that gives notice that stopping, standing or parking there is prohibited.

For more information, please contact the District of West Kelowna Bylaw Enforcement Section at (778) 797-8820.

Kelowna International Airport

You can check the status of you flight on the airport’s website at www.ylw.aero before heading to the airport.

Kelowna transit

Effective Dec. 17 at 6 a.m., the 97 Express Bus route will be modified between Banks Road and Highway 33. The change is required to reduce delays from traffic congestion on Banks Road.

The temporary transit stops for Inbound and Outbound routes on Banks Road have been relocated to Enterprise Way.
·         Outbound service stop – Enterprise Way behind Walmart
·         Inbound service stop – Enterprise Way in front of the Mazda dealership

Outbound 97 Express buses enroute to UBCO from Orchard Park will now travel the following route:

·         Cooper Road across Hwy. 97 to Enterprise
·         Right onto Enterprise all the way to Hwy. 33
·         Hwy. 33 into Rutland via normal routing to Rutland Road N and out to UBCO

Inbound 97 Express buses from UBCO to Orchard Park will follow the same route in reverse. For additional transit information, visit www.busonline.ca.

Kelowna Roads

Knox Mountain Road closed for the season

December 9, 2009 – Knox Mountain Road closed today to motorists. Knox Mountain Park remains open to pedestrians and cyclists from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The road will reopen early next spring when weather conditions permit.

Lakeshore Road at Bertram Creek Park Entrance

September 14, 2009 – Lakeshore Road at Bertram Creek Park will be realigned to allow for two-way traffic. Construction is underway Monday to Friday. Traffic delays may be expected. Completion is scheduled for spring 2010.

Highway 97 Traffic Signals

Why are there no dual lefts along Highway at Cooper Road or off of Spall Road onto Highway 97?

That is one of the most frequently asked questions regarding Highway 97 traffic signal priorities. Highway 97 falls under the jurisdiction of the provincial Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure and is operated by the Ministry. However, the City of Kelowna works together with the Ministry on the signalized intersection with the City’s crossing roads.

The first priority of this provincial highway corridor is the efficient movement of traffic. The next priority is for vehicular and pedestrian traffic crossing the highway. The last is left turning vehicles.

The signals are programmed to the maximum cycle (time required to complete green, yellow and red phases) and addition time taken away from the capacity of the highway itself such as providing time for left-turn signals will take away “green” time for crossing street traffic.

Alternatively, left turns off and on the highway are alternated for the exception of Gordon Drive intersection.

For more information contact the Ministry of Transportation & Infrastructure at 250 712-3270.

— Drive Kelowna

Kelowna.com traffic report — If you see anything we should know about, email news@kelowna.com or call 250-575-0831.

Kelowna.com traffic and weather2.354

Bookmark and Share

4 Responses to “Kelowna.com traffic and weather”

  1. maclair says:
    GD Star Rating
    loading...

    It would be nice to have road report or web cam going to Big White
    Thank you

  2. Guy Martin says:
    GD Star Rating
    loading...

    Am a skier and check your wbssite every morning and hwy 33 going to Big White is never mention as far I can see….why???

  3. Marshall Jones says:
    GD Star Rating
    loading...

    You want it, you got it. Thanks so much for your input.

    Marshall Jones
    Editor

  4. Guy Martin says:
    GD Star Rating
    loading...

    Thank you for your fast action. I appreciate it very much

    Please continue discussion on the forum: link